Charles L. Saltzman, MD
Dr. Charles Saltzman is the LS Peery MD Presidential Endowed Professor of Orthopaedics at the University of Utah. Dr. Saltzman is focused on improving physical function of patients with limited mobility. He has helped develop new methods for treatment of ankle arthritis (ankle fusion & ankle replacement), midfoot arthritis, ankle & hindfoot arthroscopy and forefoot problems.
Dr. Saltzman centers his clinical practice on two primary areas of great need where he has deep expertise: 1) Adult ankle problems (sports injuries, torn tendons or ligaments, bone or cartilage injuries, arthritis) and 2) Complex foot and ankle problems of pre-adolescents to adults.
Dr. Saltzman serves the field of Orthopaedics as Editor in Chief of the flagship scientific journals Foot & Ankle International and Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics. He is a co-Editor of the premier textbook "Mann's Surgery of Foot and Ankle", Past President of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, Past President of the International Federation of Foot and Ankle Societies, Past President of the Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons and Past Vice President of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Saltzman served as Chair of the University of Utah Department of Orthopaedics from 2005–2021
- Foot & Ankle
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- FellowshipOrthopedic Surgery - Mayo Clinic (Fellow)
Orthopedic Surgery - University of Michigan (Resident)
- InternshipSurgery - University of Michigan (Intern)
Medicine - University of North Carolina (M.D.)
- UndergraduatePremedical Sciences - Brown University (Pre Med)
- Management of ankle arthritis
- Biomechanics of ankle replacement
- Dr. Saltzman is excellent, even though I will have to wait a couple months longer than I had hoped for surgery on my other foot. He explained how my right foot had to completely heal before the left foot could be operated on.
- Saltman was thorough, informative, and explained why my feet were in the condition they were in.
- Dr Saltzman is one of the best medical professionals I've encountered in a very long time. Very attentive and amazing in his work.