Florian Nickisch, MD
Dr. Florian Nickisch, Associate Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics specializes in the care of the foot and ankle and traumatic injuries to the lower extremity. Dr. Nickisch’s clinical interests include acute and subacute traumatic injuries to the foot and ankle (Achilles Tendon ruptures, calcaneus fractures, talus fractures midfoot fractures and fracture dislocations), reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle, and sports injuries of the foot and ankle.
Dr. Nickisch received his medical degree at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich Germany. Dr. Nickisch completed his orthopaedic residency at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. He completed fellowships in Orthopaedic Trauma at Rhode Island Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island, and Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgery at the OL Miller Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Institute in Charlotte, North Carolina.
In addition he was a visiting fellow at the Sigvart T. Hansen Foot & Ankle Institute at the Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. His research interests include the anatomy of complex foot and ankle deformities, post-traumatic arthritis of the foot and ankle and surgical outcomes research.
Dr. Nickish sees patients in clinic at the University Orthopaedic Center on Mondays and Fridays. He performs surgery at the University Orthopaedic Center and the University Health Sciences Center.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Foot & Ankle
- FellowshipOrthopedic Foot & Ankle - O.L. Miller Foot and Ankle Institute OrthoCarolina (Fellow)
Orthopedic Trauma - Brown University School of Medicine (Fellow)
- FellowshipOrthopedic Foot & Ankle - Sigvard T. Hansen Foot & Ankle Institute (Visiting Fellow)
Orthopedic Surgery - Rhode Island Hospital (Chief Resident)
- ResidencyOrthopedic Surgery - Brown University School of Medicine (Resident)
General Surgery - Brown University School of Medicine (Intern)
- Professional MedicalMedicine - Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet Muenchen (M.D.)
- Foot and Ankle
- Calcaneus Fracture
- Talus Fracture
- Lisfranc Injury
- Achilles Tendon
- Ankle Arthroplasty
- Ankle and Hindfoot Arthroscopy
- Hallux Valgus
- Biomechanics of ankle replacement
- Ankle Fracture
- Ankle Ligament Injuries
- Osteochondral Defects of the Talus (OCD)
- Foot and Ankle Deformity Correction
- I've been pleased with Dr. Nickisch's care & manner.
- This was a surgical postop visit so no proposals for further treatment but did include instructions for continued postop foot care. :)
- Dr. Nickish has been excellent from consult to surgery to post op. He was very thoughtful and explained everything well.